- We have carried out a full assessment of each site to help shape our new procedures.
We’ve increased the rigour and frequency of cleaning, sanitising and disinfecting common areas.
- All of our campsites will be operating to COVID Secure guidelines as published by the Government.
Our glamping units are at least 6 metres apart laterally; apart from Coniston Park Coppice campsite which are at least 3 metres apart. Our tent pitches are at least 3 metres apart.
We aim to provide a contactless arrival and departure process wherever possible.
Most, if not all of our common areas will be open with social distancing measures in place.
- This could include toilet blocks, laundry, information rooms, water & waste points.
Our new guidelines to keep you safe on our campsites
Arriving on site
When you arrive on-site you will notice a few changes:
- Check-in will be by phone (from your car).
- The phone number will be clearly displayed by the entrance.
- If you are unable to check-in by phone, an alternative process will be advised upon your arrival.
- Site maps will be outside reception so you know where to pitch your tent or find your glamping unit, together with your barrier card.
Your Glamping Unit
In line with government guidance, we have removed some items from your accommodation to ensure that the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 is significantly reduced.
The following items will no longer be provided:-
- Welcome Packs – although a small supply of tea bags and coffee sachets will be provided for your arrival and a disposable bbq. In addition, we will leave extra hand-wash and antibacterial sprays or wipes in your unit for you to use during your stay.
- Decorative items and soft furnishings such as cushions and throws have been removed to avoid any risks between guests
- Welcome Booklet – providing local area information – we encourage you to access this information via your phone/tablets using our FREE Wi-Fi service (Troutbeck Head does not have Wi-Fi)
- DVD Lending Library – where DVD players are supplied, we advise that you bring your own selection or download any movies you might want to watch before you arrive.
- Books and Games – normally left in the units for you to enjoy, these have been taken away as they are shared between guests – we recommend you bring some of your own from home.
Using the toilet blocks - Tent Campers, Camping Pods and Yurts
As you would expect we've increased the rigour and frequency of cleaning and sanitising products, and enhanced the regularity of disinfecting surfaces across all common areas.
- A process will be in place to control the number of people in the facility at any one time in line with current guidelines.
- If the facility has reached its capacity level, there will be a need to queue externally.
- Please observe the floor markings, which will indicate the appropriate social distancing requirements. Do not enter any narrow area unless it is clear you can pass to your destination.
Using other communal facilities
Our other common facilities such as laundry rooms, information rooms and waste disposal areas will be limited to use by one family group at any one time to meet social distancing requirements.
- Should the facility be occupied or in use, there will be the need to queue externally.
- Please observe the floor markings, which will indicate the appropriate social distancing requirements.
Shops, restaurants, bars, games rooms, playground and social areas
At this time all of our shops, restaurants, bars, swimming pools, playgrounds, games rooms and social areas will remain closed.
A number of alternatives will be provided as follows:
- On-site restaurants will offer a takeaway service.
- Mobile catering units will be available on some sites with a collection only facility - please observe social distancing rules while queueing.
- Online grocery shopping can be delivered to a designated area on site.
You can do your bit...
As the saying goes, ‘we are all in this together’ and by respecting each other and the guidance provided by the Government we can all stay safe and well.
- Keep to footpaths where possible and avoid shortcutting across pitches.
- Always follow the current government guidance on-site and in the local area.
- Respect social distancing.
- Limit social gatherings to a maximum of 6 people outside.
- Regularly wash your hands for 20 seconds.
What if I’m unwell on-site?
We really hope this doesn't happen but if you’re staying on-site and feel unwell please follow the guidance below.
- Go online to NHS 111.
- Call the site phone number provided at check in to let the site manager know.
Please leave any barrier, accommodation or facilities keys at the exit in the box marked ‘KEYS’. We will retrieve the keys and ensure they are cleaned and sanitised appropriately before our next guest.