The following booking conditions set out the terms and conditions of your booking with Experience Freedom, a trading division of The Caravan Club Limited, East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1UA. Please read these Booking Conditions carefully as you will be bound by them. In these Booking Conditions, “you” or “your” means the person who makes the booking. “We”, “us” and “our” means Experience Freedom.
1) Making your booking
- By making the booking you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and that you agree to be bound by these Terms and conditions.
- Bookings will be taken online to accommodate the following arrangement of guests:
||If you require more than 2 guests, please call us on 01342 777533 (Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm) to make your booking so we can discuss it with you.
||Children are accommodated in a small sofa bed and a bunk bed, therefore a height limit of 1.75m / 5ft 8 and a weight limit for the bunk of 70 kg / 11 stone applies.
|Glamping Pod - Universally Accessible
||Up to 1 child could stay in place of an adult.
||Up to 5 children could stay in place of the adults.
|Glamping Cabin - Universally Accessible
||Up to 2 children could stay in place of the adults.
||We may under certain circumstances, accept bookings for up to 3 adults. Please call us to discuss.
||Up to 4 children could stay in place of the adults.
- There may be a minimum stay required, and this will be made clear on the website when you make your booking. There is a maximum stay of 21 nights per booking.
- The number of people staying in the accommodation must not exceed the number of people booked.
- Check-in times are between 3pm and 7pm. We ask that you arrive within those times and reserve the right to refuse entry before 3pm or after 7pm. Check-out time is 10am. It may be possible to remain parked on site and return to use the site facilities after 10am if you are visiting locally on the day of departure, however you must still check out by 10am. If you wish to remain parked on site on the day of your departure please enquire with site staff who will tell you whether this is possible and direct you to a suitable parking area if one is available.
- We do not accept bookings for party events, stag/hen parties or similar. If you are making a booking for 3 accommodation units or more then please contact us on 01342 777533 to check availability and discuss your booking. We reserve the right to refuse bookings should they appear unsuitable for the accommodation and reserve the right to refuse admission on arrival if any aspect of the booking is misrepresented.
- In order to maintain the security and safety at all of our sites we prohibit users who have been convicted of, or received a police caution for, a sexual offence (listed in Schedule 3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003) and have been made subject to the notification requirements under the sexual offenders register or a Sexual Harm Prevention Order. If we are made aware that either yourself or a member of your party are subject to these provisions then we reserve the right to terminate your booking in advance or whilst on site during your stay, without refund.
- Experience Freedom provides accommodation for leisure purposes only. We do not allow entry to commercial vehicles or vans.
Where a booking is made by a member of the Caravan and Motorhome Club, one full member must reside on the site (although not necessarily in the booked accommodation) for the duration of the booking to obtain the membership rate.
- Bookings and payments can only be made online and a confirmation of booking will be issued. Please check this carefully as soon as you receive it. You must contact us immediately if any information which appears on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. We regret that we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any document within 7 days of issue. We will do our best to rectify any mistakes notified to us outside of this time limit but you must meet any costs involved in doing so.
- All room keys must be returned to us on check-out. If you do not do this then we may charge you for a replacement key or lock, as required.
- Caravan and Motorhome members making a booking will receive a 10% discount. This is extended to member’s family and friends when making a booking directly with our Contact Centre. The discount will only apply for family or friends if they stay on the same site at the same time as the member. Please quote “Member Friend Discount” when making a booking.
- There is no discount available for 1 night stays.
- If you or any member of your group has a medical condition, disability, or reduced mobility which may affect your booking, please advise us before you book so that we can advise as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements, and discuss reasonable adjustments that we may be able to make. We do have selected accommodation which has been designed to be accessible which are currently available to book at our Troutbeck Head and Cayton Village sites.
Bookings made to arrive in 2022:
If you make your booking more than 28 days before the booked arrival date a deposit of 25% of the booking price must be paid to secure your booking and we must receive payment of the balance of the booking price no less than 28 days prior to the booked arrival date. We will email a reminder for final payment and link to the online payment system before the final payment is due, but if you do not receive this reminder you are still responsible for making the final payment on time.
If you make your booking less than 28 days before the booked arrival date you must pay the full booking price when you make your booking.
If we do not receive payment due in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in accordance with Clause 7. In this case, the cancellation charges set out in Clause 7 below will be payable.
4) Your contract
- A binding contract between us, Experience Freedom (a trading division of The Caravan Club Limited), comes into existence once your deposit or full payment has been received and we issue our Confirmation and Invoice to you.
- By making a booking you agree to comply with the Club site rules and keeping safe on the site terms. By making a booking and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge that these are duly incorporated into, and form part of, the contract.
- English law governs this contract and all matters arising out of it (including non-contractual disputes). We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter, which arises out of or in connection with this contract or your booking, will be decided by the Courts of England and Wales only.
- The prices stated on our website are exclusively available when booking in advance with Experience Freedom and are inclusive of VAT. We reserve the right to increase or decrease the prices of unsold accommodation at any time. We also reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in advertised prices at any time before your booking is confirmed.
6) Changes and cancellation by us
- We may cancel your booking or change the booked accommodation at any time by notifying you of the change or cancellation by email. In the case of a change to the accommodation, if you do not wish to accept the change you may cancel your booking by following the instructions in the email.
- If we or you cancel your booking as described above we will refund you any payments that you have made for the booking, but you will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of other costs in relation to the cancellation.
- If bookings are cancelled by us as a result of government stipulations stating that sites can not reopen due to Covid-19, or are forced to close, all money for the stay will be refunded, or part-refunded if you are already resident on site.
7) Changes and cancellation by you
Amendments - If you would like to make any changes to your booking, you must notify us immediately. Any amendment requested is subject to availability and an amendment fee of £30.
For 2022 arrivals affected by Covid-19, you will not incur any amendment fee to make a change to your travel dates. If there is a higher price for the new date then this will need to be paid, or you will receive a refund if the price is lower. If you can no longer travel because the site has to close due to government restrictions, then you can also choose to take a credit or a full refund.
Cancellations not due to Covid-19: If you decide to cancel your booking prior to arrival you will still have to pay part of the price, as we start to incur costs as soon as you make the booking. The amount of the price that you will have to pay depends on when you notify us that you wish to cancel your booking:
- at least 14 days prior to booked arrival - deposit only;
- 8-13 days prior to arrival – 50% of the total price;
- 7 days or less - 100% of the total price.
Leaving earlier than planned - If you decide to leave your accommodation early following your arrival you will not be entitled to a refund.
Cancellation charges - will be levied in most cases, including if you cancel due to illness, bereavement or any other circumstances outside your control. It is your own responsibility to take out a policy of travel insurance that covers the consequences of certain cases of cancellation and that also provides cover for certain risks, such as the cost of repatriation in the event of an accident or illness, in order to cover yourself against the cost of a cancellation by you.
8) Unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances
- We will not have any liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by any event which we could not reasonably foresee or avoid. Such events include (but are not limited to) war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, a pandemic, and all similar events outside our control.
9) Our liability to you
- We will not be liable where any failure to perform or improper performance of the whole or any part of our contract was due to your actions or the actions of a third party not under our control.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, our maximum total liability to you (including our liability for negligence) will be twice the cost of your booking (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges).
10) Complaints and problems
- In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your accommodation, you must immediately report this to site staff as it is important that they are given the opportunity to resolve a difficulty whilst you are on site. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. Most problems can be dealt with quickly.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved on site, it should be sent either via email to [email protected] or addressed to the Customer Resolutions Manager at East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19 1UA within 28 days of your departure. We will respond to all complaints within a maximum of 20 working days.
11) Damage and behaviour
- When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your group. Proper payment for any such damage or loss must be made at the time directly to site staff.
- Our campsites operate a quiet time policy between 9pm and 8am and expect our guests to keep any noise to a minimum during this time.
- We expect all guests to have consideration for other people, respecting the privacy and peace of others at all times by keeping to a minimum mechanical, instrumental or vocal noise. If, in our opinion or in the opinion of any site staff, you or any member of your group behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, annoyance or distress to any other third party or damage to property, we are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate your booking. In this situation you and the members of your group will be required to leave the site. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
- Parents/guardians have responsibility for their children at all times unless placed in the care of a duly authorised person. Particular care should be taken on sites with lakes, swimming pools and children’s playgrounds.
- Smoking is not permitted inside your accommodation.
- If your accommodation includes bunk beds children age 6 or under may not use the top bunk without adult supervision and there is a weight restriction of 70kg for the top bunk in the glamping pods. The bunk in the safari tents does not have a weight restriction.
12) Belongings and insurance
- You must pay all due care and attention to your personal belongings and those of your group, as we cannot look after those belongings on the site.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you and the members of your group have adequate insurance cover for any vehicles or other belongings you or they bring to the site.
- Dogs are only permitted in a specified Experience Freedom accommodation where a dog friendly supplement is payable. Dogs are accepted subject to availability of dog friendly accommodation and only when a supplement is paid. If you are bringing an assistance dog then please contact us to make your booking.
- When booking dog friendly accommodation we provide a bowl and a small supply of waste bags - guests must supply any other equipment such as beds, towels, food etc.
- Dogs are the only type of pet permitted in the dog friendly Experience Freedom accommodation - no other types of pet can be booked.
- Only one dog per unit can be accepted in the glamping pods due to the size of the accommodation. In the glamping cabins and safari tents we may be able to accommodate up to two dogs. If you wish to bring a second dog then please contact us to discuss the arrangements.
- You and any member of your group are not permitted to keep pets in your vehicles during your stay.
- If pets which have not been pre-arranged are found within any Experience Freedom accommodation or guest's vehicles, we are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate your booking. In this situation you and the members of your group will be required to leave the site. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
- For accommodation sleeping up to five, only one car per unit may be parked on site, and must be parked in the space allocated to you by the site staff. For the glamping cabins you may bring up to two cars.
- If you need, or intend to bring more than one vehicle per unit booked, or two when staying in a glamping cabin, you must contact us as soon as reasonably possible to discuss your specific requirements. We cannot guarantee to accept requests for additional vehicles, nor can we guarantee where additional vehicles may be parked.
15) Health and safety
- Health & Safety is of paramount importance therefore, no BBQ’s, fossil fuel burning appliances or naked flames will be permitted inside the pods, yurts, safari tents or cabins.
16) Special requests
- If you have any special requests, please inform us in writing at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to meet any reasonable requests, we regret that we cannot promise that any request will be complied with unless we have specifically confirmed this to you. For your own protection, you should obtain confirmation in writing from ourselves on our behalf that your request will be complied with (where it is possible for us to give this) if your request is important to you. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
17) Site facilities
- The website describes the facilities normally available at each site during the main part of the season. At many sites not all facilities will be operating during the early and late season (e.g. as a result of the lack of demand, weather conditions, maintenance or repair, etc.) and we cannot be held liable for non-provision of any service.
- Where Wi-Fi and the provision of TV reception is an advertised facility, please note that its provision is subject to availability and network conditions. It may not be available 24 hours a day and is provided for pleasure not for business purposes. Bookings are not accepted if they are wholly reliant on the uninterrupted, unlimited provision of Wi-Fi or TV reception. At our Troutbeck Head site there is no Wi-Fi provision due to its location.
18) Website accuracy
- We use reasonable efforts to ensure that the prices, descriptions and information provided about accommodation on our website are up to date at the time of your booking. We use reasonable efforts to ensure that our other publications are accurate at the time of publication, but they may be out-of-date by the time of your booking. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen dates (including the price) at the time of booking. The website is our sole responsibility. It is not issued on behalf of and does not commit any independent organisation/carriers whose services are featured in it.
19) Data protection and privacy
- It is possible that while you are on our sites, photographs or video may be taken for inclusion in our brochure or website or for other promotional purposes. Where it is practical to do so, we will seek the consent of any guests who are prominently included in any shots. Consent will not generally be sought from guests who only appear in the background. No guests will be identified by name. You are taken to have agreed to your image being included in any photography.
21) Ferry bookings
- Please note that some ferry bookings may require full payment at time of booking and the cancellation policy may be different to the accommodation. You will be informed of this at time of booking.
If you book a ferry and your accommodation with us, this will form a Linked Travel Arrangement. Note that ferry bookings can only be made with accommodation, and if the accommodation is cancelled you will also need to cancel the ferry. Below are the terms that apply to such an arrangement:
Part 1: General
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. Therefore you will benefit from all EU rights applying to the packages. We, The Caravan Club Limited (Experience Freedom) will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole. Additionally, as required by law, we have protection in place to refund your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in the event that it becomes/they become insolvent.
Part 2: Key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
- Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
- There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
- Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance fuel prices), and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, has changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance, if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
- Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction or compensation for damages or both where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
- If the organiser becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. The Caravan Club Limited (Experience Freedom) has taken out insolvency protection via The Caravan Club Holiday Trust Fund. Travellers may contact this entity or, where applicable, the competent authority if services are denied because of The Caravan Club Limited’s insolvency.
Part 3: The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 can be found here:
Booking conditions last updated on 14 January 2022