The following Booking Conditions set out the terms and conditions of your booking with Experience Freedom, a trading division of The Caravan Club Limited, East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1UA. Please read these Booking Conditions carefully as you will be bound by them. In these Booking Conditions, “you” or “your” means the person who makes the booking. “We”, “us” and “our” means Experience Freedom.
1. Making your Booking
- By making the booking you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and that you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Bookings will only be taken for a maximum of 2 adults and up to 2 children per accommodation unit. We class children as age 17 or under on the date of arrival.
- We are unable to accept bookings of more than 4 guests.
- There may be a minimum stay required, and this will be made clear on the website when you make your booking. There is a maximum stay of 21 nights per booking.
- The number of people staying in the accommodation must not exceed the number of people booked.
- Check-in times are between 3pm and 8pm. We ask that you arrive within those times and reserve the right to refuse entry before 3pm or after 8pm. Check-out time is 10am. It may be possible to remain parked on site and return to use the site facilities after 10am if you are visiting locally on the day of departure, however you must still check out by 10am. If you wish to remain parked on site on the day of your departure please enquire with site staff who will tell you whether this is possible and direct you to a suitable parking area if one is available.
- We do not accept bookings for party events, stag, hen parties or similar. We reserve the right to refuse bookings should they appear unsuitable for the accommodation and reserve the right to refuse admission on arrival if any aspect of the booking is misrepresented.
- Experience Freedom provides accommodation for leisure purposes only.
- Where a booking is made by a member of the Caravan and Motorhome Club, one full member must reside on the site (although not necessarily in the booked accommodation) for the duration of the booking to obtain the membership rate.
- Bookings and payments can only be made online and a confirmation of booking will be issued. Please check this carefully as soon as you receive it. You must contact us immediately if any information which appears on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any document within 7 days of issue. We will do our best to rectify any mistake notified to us outside of this time limit but you must meet any costs involved in doing so.
- All room keys must be returned to us on check-out. If you don’t so this then we may charge you for a replacement key or lock, as required.
- Caravan and Motorhome members making a booking will receive a 10% discount. This is extended to member’s family and friends when making a booking direct with the Contact Centre. The discount will only apply for family or friends if they stay on the same site at the same time as the member. Please quote ‘Member Friend Discount’ when making a booking.
- There is no discount available for 1 night stays.
- If you make your booking more than 28 days before the booked arrival date a deposit of 25% of the booking price must be paid to secure your booking and we must receive payment of the balance of the booking price no less than 28 days prior to the booked arrival date. We will email a reminder for final payment and link to the online payment system before the final payment is due but if you do not receive this reminder you are still responsible for making the final payment on time.
- If you make your booking less than 28 days before the booked arrival date you must pay the full booking price when you make your booking.
- If we do not receive payment due in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in accordance with Clause 6. In this case, the cancellation charges set out in Clause 6 below will be payable.
3. Your Contract
- A binding contract between us, Experience Freedom (a trading division of The Caravan Club Limited), comes into existence once your deposit or full payment has been received and we issue our Confirmation and Invoice to you.
- English law governs this contract and all matters arising out of it (including non-contractual disputes). We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter, which arises out of or in connection with this contract or your booking will be decided by the Courts of England and Wales only.
- The prices stated on our website are exclusively available when booking in advance with Experience Freedom and are inclusive of VAT. We reserve the right to increase or decrease the prices of unsold accommodation at any time. We also reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in advertised prices at any time before your booking is confirmed.
5. Changes and Cancellation by Us
- We may cancel your booking or change the booked accommodation at any time by notifying you of the change or cancellation by email. In the case of a change to the accommodation, if you do not wish to accept the change you may cancel your booking by following the instructions in the email.
- If we or you cancel your booking as described above we will refund you any payments that you have made for the booking, but you will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of other costs in relation to the cancellation.
6. Changes and Cancellation by You
- If you would like to make any changes to your booking, you must notify us immediately and we will use reasonable efforts to meet your requirements. Any amendment requested is subject to availability and to our need to manage our sites efficiently. If we make the requested change you will incur a £30 amendment fee, plus any price difference if you opt for accommodation with a higher price. The price of your booking cannot be reduced, even if you opt for cheaper accommodation. If we do not make the requested change you may cancel your booking, but you will have to pay part of the price, as set out in clause 6)2) We will not accept any amendments to bookings later than 28 days before your booked arrival date.
- If you cancel your booking you will still have to pay part of the price, as we start to incur costs as soon as you make the booking. The amount of the price that you will have to pay depends on when you notify us that you wish to cancel your booking:
- at least 28 days prior to booked arrival - deposit only;
- at least 8 days before booked arrival - 50% of the total price;
- 7 days or less - 100% of the total price.
- If you decide to leave your accommodation early after your arrival you will not be entitled to a refund.
7. Unforeseen and Unavoidable Circumstances
- We will not have any liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by any event which we could not reasonably foresee or avoid. Such events include (but are not limited to) war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
8. Our Liability to You
- We will not be liable where any failure to perform or improper performance of the whole or any part of our contract was due to your actions or the actions of a third party not under our control.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, our maximum total liability to you (including our liability for negligence) will be twice the cost of your booking (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges).
9. Complaints and Problems
- In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your accommodation, please immediately inform site staff as it is important that they are given the opportunity to resolve a difficulty whilst you are on site. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. Most problems can be dealt with quickly.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved on site, the complaint should be addressed to Head of Site Operations at East Grinstead House, Wood Street, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19 1UA within 28 days of your departure. If you wish to telephone, please call 01342 777533 (Monday-Friday 9.00am-5.30pm) and ask to speak to the relevant department. If you wish to email us, please visit our website www.experiencefreedom.co.uk and click on Contact us and email with your comments.
- When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your group. Proper payment for any such damage or loss must be made at the time direct to site staff.
- We expect all guests to have considerations for other people, respecting the privacy and peace of others at all times by keeping to a minimum mechanical, instrumental or vocal noise. If, in our opinion or in the opinion of any site staff, you or any member of your group behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, annoyance or distress to any other third party or damage to property, we are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate your booking. In this situation you and the members of your group will be required to leave the site. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
- Parents have responsibility for their children at all times unless placed in the care of a duly authorised person. Particular care should be taken on sites with lakes, swimming pools and children’s playgrounds.
- Smoking is not permitted inside your accommodation, on the decking or on the immediate surrounding area.
- If your accommodation includes bunk beds children age 6 or under may not use the top bunk without adult supervision and there is a weight restriction of 70kg for the top bunk.
11. Belongings and Insurance
- You must pay all due care and attention to your personal belongings and those of your group, as we cannot look after those belongings on the site.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you and the members of your group have adequate insurance cover for any belongings you or they bring to the site.
- Currently pets (other than guide dogs) are not permitted in any Experience Freedom accommodation.
13. Health & Safety
- Health and Safety is of paramount importance therefore no BBQ’s, fossil fuel burning appliances or naked flames will be permitted inside the Pods or Yurts.
- If you or any member of your group has a medical condition or disability which may affect your booking, please advise us before you book so that we can advise as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements, and discuss reasonable adjustments that we may be able to make.
15. Site Facilities
- The website describes the facilities normally available at each site during the main part of the season. At many sites not all facilities will be operating during the early and late season (e.g. as a result of the lack of demand, weather conditions, maintenance or repair, etc.) and we cannot be held liable for non-provision of any service.
- Where wi-fi and the provision of TV reception is an advertised facility, please note that its provision is subject to availability and network conditions. It may not be available 24 hours a day and is provided for pleasure not for business purposes. Bookings are not accepted if they are wholly reliant on the uninterrupted, unlimited provision of wi-fi or TV reception.
16. Website Accuracy
- We use reasonable efforts to ensure that the prices, descriptions and information provided about accommodation on our website are up to date at the time of your booking. We use reasonable efforts to ensure that our other publications are accurate at the time of publication, but they may be out-of-date by the time of your booking. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen dates (including the price) at the time of booking. The website is our sole responsibility. It is not issued on behalf of and does not commit any independent organisation/carriers whose services are featured in it.
17. Data Protection and Privacy